Saturday, July 13, 2013

Then Putting It All Away

Todd was up early this morning and had the full U-Haul truck over at the new house a little after nine. He had quite a crew there from his new church to help unload the truck. They were done in little over an hour. And one of them brought pizza for lunch and another brought a casserole for dinner!

Dawn and Todd took the very soiled carpet out of their bedroom, closet and bathroom last week. Todd is putting down some very nice tile in those rooms. Because he is still working on it, the bedroom furniture had to stay out. That meant that between boxes and all the furniture, things in the rest of the house are pretty crowded.

Dawn was working on the kitchen when we arrived just before noon. I pitched in and we managed to empty many of the kitchen boxes. It took a while, but we managed to get the kitchen in working order! We had stopped at a fruit stand on our way over and picked up a flat of delicious Marion berries. I decided since we had the kitchen put together, I would initiate it with a pie for Todd.

Havela had brought a couple of her high school buddies over with her this morning and when they saw the pie, they decided to stay for dinner. Hearing their comments, Dawn and I decided I'd best bake a second pie!



It's a good thing I did as this is all that was left of the first one -- and Todd hadn't even gotten a piece!


I think I have decided that moving is really a lot of work! Glad it isn't me doing it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment