Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Skagit Valley

It's been an interesting summer. We spent the early part of it in Oregon's Willamette Valley with all of its nursery and berry crops. Now we are further north in Washington's Skagit Valley, another beautiful agricultural area.


One of the things that surprised me when Daughter MM and her family first moved here was the amount of potatoes grown in the valley. This field is full of purple blooms --


We were out and about with Granddaughter Claire, who spent the day with us. This is a shot of the I-5 temporary bridge (the one that fell last month!).


I thought I could get a shot of one of the many fresh corn fields from my side window in the car, but I don't think my lens is quite fast enough...


The field had a very different drop orifice sprinkler --


It was attached to this big roll of hose, the kind you usually only see with a "big gun" sprinkler --


This is the office of the Potlatch RV Resort where we are currently staying. The huge indoor pool is also in this building.


The spaces were definitely designed in another era. They are narrow and very close together.


My Mother's Day geranium plant is certainly enjoying the hot afternoons.


And Mount Baker's cold splendor oversees the whole valley --


No comments:

Post a Comment