Sunday, February 16, 2014

Another Quiet Day

I kept pretty busy today, but I'd be hard-pressed to say just exactly what I was doing all day. It was overcast most of the day, but still got up to 79 degrees. I know I spent a good while sitting outside, reading and watching the hummingbirds. I didn't see the woodpeckers, but knew they had been around by how much the level of the newly refilled sugar water had already gone down this morning.

I made almond poppyseed muffins for breakfast this morning, then made the crab omelets for dinner this evening. Forry grated up some Gruyere cheese and I sauteed some green onions and celery leaves in butter along with the left-over crab. I've discovered that warming those ingredients before adding them to the omelet works so much better. Otherwise the cold ingredients cool down the eggs so much, the omelet doesn't cook right and gets tough.

I spent a bit of time on the computer renewing our membership in the Professional Bull Riders Fan Club. I want to make sure I can use their discount when I get tickets for the PBR show which will be in Phoenix March 8-9th. We have tickets for a baseball game (Mariners vs Giants) for the afternoon of the 8th. It might be a stretch to go to the Saturday night bull rides. We may have to just go on Sunday...

I tried a new -- much easier -- way to care for my Valentine flowers that I read about on Pinterest. Instead of emptying and refilling the vase, it said to just set the water under the cold water faucet in the sink and let the water run, flushing out the old water and filling with new. It seemed to work well. At least the water appears to be clear.

We are still spending a bit of each evening watching the Olympics. For some reason, they don't seem quite so exciting this year. Maybe it's the time delay as we often know the outcome before we see the actual competition...

No comments:

Post a Comment