Saturday, February 1, 2014

Now I'm Truly Done!

I finished up the ranch books this afternoon and emailed the accountant's copy off to Cleon's office. Now I have to wait for the mail that should have all of the 1090s and W-2s to add to the package I'll send off by snail mail. It always feels good to get that done!

While we were working on the books, I kept hearing a raucous "geet, geet, geet!" outside the window. I looked out to see the female Gila Woodpecker that we've seen several times drinking at the hummingbird feeder that we have perched on the cable box cover. She kept hollering and pretty soon the male joined her. They are a bit jumpy, so I took these pictures through the window. Sorry about the glare...



I had noticed the level of sugar water in the feeder seems to go down quite rapidly. Now, I know why!


This shot shows one of the distinctive features of the Gila Woodpecker -- the bars that go all the way down to the tail feathers --


There was an agitated hummingbird swooping around while the woodpeckers were feeding, but it didn't come in to eat. It sure made its displeasure known about the interlopers.

It was a funny chilly day today. It started out with scattered cumulous clouds that gradually became angry looking very black clouds as they moved through. Just at sunset we got about a dozen drops of rain on the window. Then the clouds all moved on to the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment