Monday, February 3, 2014

Forry Joins the 21st Century?

Our friends and family have given Forry a bad time for some time now about his reluctance to upgrade his electronic toys. He stuck to his flip phone for years until he could no longer even get replacement batteries for it. He finally broke down and got an iPhone 4s. I think the main thing he does with it is check the weather channels.

A while back, when I was using his old computer to do the ranch books (that's the only one that we have QuickBooks installed on), he started wondering if maybe he could follow the stock market on an iPad like mine. He was thinking he could carry it around and use it without being tethered to the computer.

After some discussion, I ordered him an iPad Air, which arrived today. I set it up for him and while I was at it, I went ahead and enrolled him in Facebook...


He's always asking me what I'm laughing about or coming over to see what I'm looking at. We'll see how he does with it!


They've certainly improved the covers since I got my iPad almost two years ago. I have the one that just covers the front. Now they have one that encases the back as well. Looks pretty good. The iPad Air is about a half inch narrower than my iPad and it seems to be a bit lighter as well.


3 comments:

  1. Now we will expect him to make posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Kindle Fire, myself. Been amazed at how it's literally quadrupled the number of books I now read!!!!

    ReplyDelete