Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Much Better Day

We are still not well, but we're sure a whole lot better. I woke up this morning with enough energy to put a load of clothes in the washer. I think I was up for almost an hour before I had my first fit of coughing. I ended up getting two more loads of laundry done while Forry felt ambitious enough to take the garbage out to the edge of the road for pickup.

We were planning to make a trip to Costco as we have had two dividend checks sitting on my desk that need to be cashed. But Forry checked the oil in Toad II before we left and discovered it was low. He thought he had some of his Schaeffer Oil in the lower bins, but not so. I checked for dealers on my iPad, found a dealer near Deer Valley and we headed over. Hindsight says we should have done some walking on the telephone first as it turns how the place we found no longer carried it. We found another place; called them; they had some, but were way on the other side of town, over an hour's drive away. By that time, it was already almost five pm, so we decided to give it up for today and headed home.

We stopped at Denny's on the way home so that I wouldn't have to cook. We even shared a banana split for dessert and still got home in time to watch the Mariners on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment