Saturday, March 12, 2016

Errands

Somewhere along the line, we decided we would not attend the Spring Training night games. Driving the forty miles home late at night is not our idea of fun. Since the Mariners were playing at 7 tonight, we stayed home and watched the game on TV.

So instead we ran some errands this morning. We went to the Post Office in Fountain Hills to pick up some Priority Mail envelopes so that I could send off Mariner shirts to the great nieces and nephews and our great-grand baby. It was a busy place today. The parking lot was full and there was a line out the lobby.

From there we went on to Safeway. I tried to stock the freezer with various frozen meals so that I would have something easy to fix when we return after ball games. I had stocked up with meat the last time we were at Costco, so there wasn't all that much room in our little freezer to begin with. Now it is crammed really full!

I had taken a steak out of the freezer this morning to thaw, so I grilled it this evening along with some potatoes I had baked. We've been enjoying some kohlrabi along with our evening meals. Safeway has gotten some of them in their produce department that are 3-4 inches across, but not woody. I always have to chuckle at the cashiers as they look for one of the number stickers on them - it's obvious they have no idea what they are. I bought some white carrots today. They threw the cashier for a loop as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment