Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Sorting Stuff

It was another overcast day today. Just not any sunshine to be seen.

I've been sorting out winter stuff and putting it away. In the process I've discovered I needed to wash some of the jackets and hoodies. So back to doing laundry. I think I still need to go out to the car and collect the mittens and snow boots that are stashed in the back seat. Now I need to figure out where I am going to find a place to put them all away.

I spent some time this afternoon making a poster to put it the mailboxes at church on Sunday. We are using an idea I saw in Oregon several years ago. We are having a "Pounding," a grocery shower, for our Interim pastors who will be arriving the first week in May. We are asking members to bring a "pound" of food for the shower. It could be a five pound bag of sugar, or a ten pound bag of flour, or a can or two of beans or corn etc., or a box of oatmeal or other staple item. There is space in the refrigerator and freezer for perishable items.

Tonight was the Church Board meeting. We had music with the first part of the meeting as the Music Team was practicing. There is a great deal of activity going on with new windows and doors being installed over at the parsonage; the PNMC conference we will be hosting in June; and the arrival of our Interim pastors in May.

I drove through a couple of rain showers on the way home tonight. Seems like we're going to continue to have wet weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment