Wednesday, November 18, 2009

5:15 AM?!

Whose crazy idea was it to take the 6:45 appointment for the follow-up kidney scan? I don't know what in the world I was thinking! Anyway, I was up at 5:15 and into the shower. Forry got granola, blueberries, orange juice and coffee around and we were out of Auntie Violet by 6 AM!

We over-estimated how long it would take us to get to the Inland Imaging over on Cowley. It's actually a straight shot into Spokane on the freeway and then a quick off and a couple of blocks and there you are. We were there in the waiting room by 6:30. but the tech didn't come to get me until 7:15!

The test itself didn't take long -- it's just all of the lovely gel they use for the ultrasound that's all over your abdomen...

Later this afternoon we went back into town and ran a bunch more errands as we try to get ready to pack up and move south. We picked up some prescriptions at Group Health, got Forry a new box for his farm records, picked up a couple more small tools, mailed some more notes, and resupplied the stock of dishwasher soap.

I put a small pork roast and a large sweet potato in the oven for supper tonight. It sure tasted good. I must be getting better -- I actually felt like cooking!

2 comments: