Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Another Busy Day...

We put some miles on the Toad today. We've needed a new sewer hose for Auntie Violet and Forry's needed a new pair of shoes. He had checked for sewer hoses at the RV places in Spokane and couldn't find one the length he wanted, so we went out to Liberty Park to R&R RV and they did have what he wanted.

From there we drove on out to Post Falls, Idaho (just across the border) to the new Capela's store there. Shoe buying with Forry is usually like the cartoons you see of ladies buying shoes with boxes stacked up all over as he tries to find a pair he likes and that fit well. This time, he checked the shoes he had on for a number, walked into the shoe department, looked for a box with that number, got the right size and was ready to go! I did make him open the box to make sure both shoes were the same size and one was right and one was left...

It's always fun to look around at a Capela's store, both at all of the stuffed animals and the big aquariums of game fish. The amount of merchandise that goes out the doors is pretty impressive as well.

We drove back into Spokane, stopped to get Costco gas, then went downtown to Auntie's Bookstore to get a book I wanted for my sister. I was surprised they didn't have it, but they ordered it and it should be there by Friday afternoon.

By then it was late enough to start thinking about dinner. We had not been to Herbal Essence for a couple of years, but remembered how good the food was, so decided to go there. We split an order of Beef Wellington with an extra house salad. Instead of dividing the finished beef in half, the chef made each half an individual portion wrapped in puff pastry. It was still more than I could eat, so I have a nice portion for lunch tomorrow.

I had emailed my primary care physician yesterday to see if I could arrange for the follow-up ultrasound of the kidney cyst that they had recommended three months ago when I finally got the clearance for my back surgery. Would you believe that the only appointment I could get this week is at 6:45 AM tomorrow morning?! Otherwise I would have had to wait until next week and we really want to leave by this weekend if the surgeon turns me loose on Thursday and the weather cooperates...

2 comments:

  1. Charlotte,
    Hoping to get hold of your husband, Forrest....working on genealogy of HARDT family from Brunnental Russia. I've sent him an email...hope to hear from either of you soon :) Also sent you a facebook msg....
    Sherrie Stahl
    sherriestahl@comcast.net
    Portland OR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Char,

    shopping with Bill for shoes is the same! Ugh. I walk in a place walk through and if I dont see exactly what I want I leave. Bill goes in tries on 5 different shoes in 2 different sizes. We had to buy him new shoes for a Christmas party a few years ago. Of course he didn't tell me till the day OF the party. We spent a few hours running from store to store. Boy was that fun... LOL

    ReplyDelete