Friday, November 27, 2009

An Early Christmas Gift!

It rained almost all night last night and sometime in the middle of the night, the power went out. Sister Sherry says it was out about seven hours. We did not notice it in Auntie Violet until early this morning, as we were running off the batteries with the inverter. But we have been running the electric heaters for supplemental heat and about 6:30 when I woke up, they had run the batteries down. It didn't take long once the power came on to get them full again, thank goodness!

By the time I got a shower this morning and got over to Sherry's, the caramel brigade was hard at work. Napua (my sis's good Hawaiian friend from Shelton) was busy cutting and wrapping yesterday's last batch and Sherry had another batch going on the stove:





Before Forry and I left for Walla Walla for my pedicure appointment, Sherry had finished another batch of caramels, made a bunch of pound cakes to freeze for Christmas gifts and stirred up some refrigerator logs of lime cookies to bake tomorrow.... Originally, she and Napua had planned to go into town with us, but she was on a baking roll and wasn't about to stop.

Forry and I went into Walla Walla for my noon appointment with Yoko, my sister's pedicurist. I was delighted when Sherry was able to get me an appointment as the one I had scheduled when we were in Sundance before my back surgery had been cancelled as they were redoing the floors in the spa. Since I am not allowed to bend over, I cannot reach my toes! And then when I went to pay Yoko, she told me "Merry Christmas, your sister has already taken care of it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment