Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Day Full of Happy News!

What a wonderful day! It started off with notice of the birth of my first new great-niece early this morning to Becky and Nephew Jared over in Seattle! The little one does not have a name yet, but they are calling her "Tink" for Tinkerbell at the moment. (They'd best be careful, that just may stick!).

Next I had an email from my primary care physician saying that the results of the kidney ultrasound that I had yesterday were in and there was no change in the size or shape of the cyst from the initial films 3 months ago! Of course, she wants me to have another follow-up ultrasound in another three months... But she did say she could make arrangements for me to have it done in Arizona somewhere.

I had a 9:45 appointment at Dr. Power's office this morning as a follow-up to my back surgery. He was running late this morning and his office was BUSY! It was good to see as he is the newcomer in the NW Orthopedics office (I had been his first surgery at Sacred Heart Medical Center). He had been heavily recruited to come to Spokane from Michigan. He seemed very pleased with my progress -- and perhaps with himself..? Anyway, he saw no reason for us to continue to remain in the area -- though I am to come see him as soon as we get back in the spring!

After that we went looking for a rear wiper for the Toad. We had gotten new wipers all around at Les Schwab last month, but the rear one very quickly had come loose and flown off somewhere. The downtown Les Schwab place did not have a replacement blade, so sent us to their store out by University City. They didn't have the right size either so actually gave us our money back. Since we were already close, we went on over to the Jeep dealer and sure enough, they had one the right size and fit!

Since we were already so far out, we stopped at Williams Fish Market and bought a nice Dungeness crab for dinner. They are pretty pricy this time of year, but Forry and I each had a half for dinner (though I did save back enough to make crab omelets for breakfast...) along with the first tossed salad I've made since my surgery -- can you tell I'm getting MUCH better?!

No comments:

Post a Comment