Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Quiet Day...

We had thought that Sherry's mastiff breeder friend Anita would be here late last night, but she had brake trouble in Ellensburg and ended up staying there to get her truck fixed on Monday. This is a disappointment as I was looking forward to meeting her. Anyhow, we didn't go into the VA Chapel this morning, just hung out here at the ranch and read all the Sunday papers.

I miss Napua! I cut and wrapped Niece Daphne's caramels this morning. I didn't cut them as small as I did mine yesterday, but they still took a long time to wrap. We also made a second batch of divinity today as the one we did yesterday didn't set up. After the rain we had, I think it's still a bit too humid for divinity making. We beat this batch for over 20 minutes and it looks pretty good.

We will be getting organized in the morning to travel on down the Columbia Gorge to Daughter Dawn's in Hubbard, Oregon. We haven't had much of a chance to spoil those grandkids this year, so I am really looking forward to seeing them!

2 comments:

  1. I know how that is (too humid) imagine trying to make divinity in Florida. Only every few years did it ever work. I need to dig out my recipe now that I live somewhere more dry. :-D

    Make sure you check our Smugmug we will be posting pictures when we have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun with the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete