Sunday, November 15, 2009

Down to Menno...

We did it! Made the hour and one half trip to Menno for church this morning! It was tough getting up when the radio came on this morning to get into the shower. Most mornings we just turn over and snuggle a bit longer while we listen to NPR's latest news.

The drive down to Menno (about 90 miles) wasn't bad. The Toad was warm and the seats are comfortable. I can't say the same for the pews, though! I realize that for the last month or more, I have either been sitting cradled in a nest of pillows on the couch or in my very comfortable office chair at the computer. I don't think I have sat in a straight chair during all that time!

I am still wearing the wrap-around molded plastic back support that goes pretty much from my groin area halfway up my back when I am not in bed. It wasn't too happy about the hard wooden pew either!

BUT, it was worth it just to see everyone! And to revel in the smiles of greeting! And to worship and enjoy Sunday School with the beloved members of our church family! And to see how much all of the little ones have grown!

We made a quick stop at Taco del Mar in Ritzville on our way back to Spokane. We had not stopped there before, usually going to the Starbucks store next door instead. It's a great place to eat. Most of the staff were very young clean cut male teenagers with lots of poise and delightful manners -- and the food was good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment