Saturday, October 11, 2014

Brunch and More

On the website for Midway RV Park there is an ad for Judy's Country Kitchen with a comment that's it's just outside the gate. I thought, "Good, I won't have to cook dinner tonight." I was disappointed when we got here to find that it's only open from 6 AM to 2 PM. So we had spaghetti and garlic bread for supper instead.

But, this morning we went over to Judy's for breakfast, or rather truthfully, brunch. We waited about five minutes for a table to be cleared before we were seated. I ended up having Pumpkin Spice French Bread with a ham scramble while Forry had biscuits and gravy. Huge plates of food! What a busy place! We got there about 10:30 and there was steady traffic in and out until we left. It's a fairly large building and it was crowded. It must be one of those places with quite a reputation as it's not near any mall or residential area. I must admit, the food was really good. We may have to make another visit while we're here.

We had passed a Safeway store on Harrison Street on our way to Midway Park yesterday, so I knew we had a place close by for grocery shopping. After our brunch, we headed over there. I was so full, it was hard to look at food, let alone plan meals as I shopped. I did find a large pork loin roast with a nice layer of fat on top for roasting. When we got home, I divided the roast up into three pieces and wrapped two of them for the freezer.

The third chunk of roast I saved for dinner tonight and put it into the oven with some acorn squash halves. I filled the squash with butter and honey and baked everything for an hour at 350 degrees. The roast came out absolutely delicious. The fat on top was crispy and had rendered down to baste the meat. It rained off and on all day today and this was a perfect meal for a chilly Fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment