Tuesday, October 21, 2014

River Life Resort

We spent the night in the parking lot of Kustom Coach/Amazing Creations, essentially dry camping. We gave the generator a good workout fixing a roast with potato wedges for supper and then watching TV. We shut it down for the night, but I was a little concerned about enough battery power for Forry's CPAP. It seemed to be just fine, but I turned the generator back on when I got up at seven so that I could make coffee.

I don't know how many hours per day Scott and Bobby work, but I know they didn't leave here last night until after 6:30 and they were all ready hard at it when I got up. Bobby came over about ten and went up on the roof to drop a second wire through the ceiling from the antenna to the TV. I had prepared a list of possible additions/changes to Auntie Violet for them to consider. They're going to price them out and have some bids for us when we come back Friday to get the DVR installed (which hopefully will have arrived!).

We called over to River Life Resort in nearby Harrisburg to see about a space to stay while we wait. Like many parks this time of year in this part of the world, they said they had lots of spaces. Actually, a good half of their sites are unavailable due to a large building project they have going on, but we have a nice wide pull-through. The resort advertises itself as a retreat center and I think the building project may be for a large church.

We really do need to make a trip back into Junction City to the grocery store, but I scrounged up and defrosted some beef chunks, added a sweet potato, a couple of carrots and an onion, the last half of a bottle of red wine and we had stew for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment