Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Friends

I played telephone and text tag with my friend Tina off and on today as we tried to set up where and when we were going to meet for dinner. We finally got organized enough to plan for a Mexican dinner at Los Hermanos.

Tina met us at Auntie Violet a little after six with her Granddaughter Kaili. We hadn't seen them for quite some time and Kaili has really gotten tall. She's quite the bookworm and I've always tried to find books that I think she'll like. I found a copy of A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle that I thought she might enjoy. I'm not sure when I first discovered L'Engle's books, but I was in the fourth or fifth grade. Kaili must have finished the first chapter before we finished dinner!

We followed Tina and Kaili over to the restaurant where Tina and I split an order  of chili relenos. Tina's daughter (and Kaili's Mom) Delcherie joined us when she got off of work. It was a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment