Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Some of Forry's Photos

I take pictures with a little Nikon Coolpix that does pretty well. But in the bright sunshine, it is difficult to see the screen. Forry, on the other hand, uses a Nikon D50 that uses a variety of lenses from his 35mm camera. Because you actually look through the view-finder, you can get a better idea of what you are focusing on. Today's post has pictures from his camera. I took some of the same flowers, but sadly, they are not in focus.


I'm not real sure about the identification of this flower. I think it's a Brown-Eyed Evening Primrose (Cammissonia claviformis). But even after looking in the three sources I have, I'm not certain.


I found this picture of a pupfish on his camera card. It really shows the iridescence of this inch long full grown male.


This is one of 2 or 3 kinds of Phacelia we saw the other day. I think this one is Caltha-leaved Phacelia (Phacelia calthifolia).



This dainty beauty is Lilac Sunbonnet (Langloisia setosissima ssp. punctata). The flowers can range in color from white to blue to purple...


This little plant is so delicate. Again, it is one that I am not certain I have the right identification. I know it's in the Borage family. I think it's Cola de Mico (Monkey's Tail) (Heliotropium curassavicum), but it could be Panamint Cat's Eye...




It was windy and gusty here today, though the temperature was in the 70s. Forry made a trip into town and got the valve stem on the Toad's tire replaced -- and picked up the mail. And we watched the Mariners win another game tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment