Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Discovery of a New Neighbor

Auntie Violet is parked in Site A 40 which is back along the fence at Sun Life RV Resort which borders on University Avenue. Between the fence and the road is a row of pine trees.



I was sitting outside this afternoon reading my Kindle when I heard a funny sort of "whirring" noise and looked up to see a little green hummingbird flit by. I watched it fly over to one of the pine trees and thought I saw it light on a pine cone. I looked a little closer and then hollered at Forry to come and bring his binos.




Sure enough the little hummingbird has a nest tucked between the pine cone and the branch --



The nest isn't much bigger than a golf ball. As we watched, we saw her fly in and out several times. We'll have to be sure and put out our hummingbird feeder in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment