Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hello from LAX

Greetings from the DoubleTree Hotel at Los Angeles International Airport! I flew over here this morning for a couple of days of meetings with the Racial Healing Task Group and the Intercultural Relations Reference Committee. I didn't have to leave Phoenix until 10:55, so didn't have to be at the airport at some awful morning hour. As it was, it took almost as long to drive to the airport from the RV Park at Mesa as it did to fly to LA.



The best thing about meetings like this is getting to see and hug people you really like that you haven't seen for a while -- these folks know how to give good hugs. I'll be here until noon on Saturday, but my flight doesn't leave until late afternoon, so I won't get back to Auntie Violet until about 6:30 (unless maybe I can convince Forry that we should detour home by way of Tia Rosa's?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment