Monday, March 21, 2011

MAIL DAY!

This morning early we went over to the Sun Life RV Resort office and extended our stay here for another month. While we were there we checked the mail. And sure enough, we had a nice fat box of forwarded mail from Daughter Mary Mae. It always surprises me how much "stuff" still comes in the mail. We never send back any of those cards that "justify" subscriptions to "free" magazines (they always say in big letters that "this is your last issue unless you promptly return this card saying that you still qualify..."). But, it never seems to stop them from coming -- and coming!




I sent notices to the couple of credit card companies that we have that I do NOT want them sending me checks (which is how they tell you to stop them); so now instead of sending me three "free" checks every time, they only send me two! With a nice note about how they are "honoring my request and also saving paper...!"



There's always a bunch of paper that needs to be shredded and even more that needs to be perused and then put into the re-cycling bin. (One of the nice things about staying in Mesa is that they have recycling bins at every RV site.)



In spite of all my gritching, we really enjoy the days the mail comes. And it's nice to eye the lovely stack of reading material that awaits our pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment