Friday, March 25, 2011

One More Spring Training Baseball Game

The regular baseball season starts next week, so today was probably the last Spring Training game we will be able to see. We went to Mesa Hohokams Dwight Patterson Field to watch the Mariners play the Chicago Cubs. The Cubs started doing their spring training in Arizona 59 years ago. Hohokams is the oldest field we have been at, but it is still one of the nicest (the voters of Mesa voted this spring to build a new complex for them).


These life-size statues of children playing baseball greet you as you come up to the ticket windows --






It was a beautiful day for a baseball game, sunny and warm -- too bad the Mariners lost it 6-3!




While I was in Los Angeles for meetings a couple of months ago, Forry went with our friends Bill and Leslie to Alice's Cooperstown in downtown Phoenix. (Randy Johnson is a part-owner.) He's been wanting to take me there ever since --


Their claim-to-fame is the "Big Unit" hot-dog. It's a full 22 inches long! I didn't get a picture of it before Forry cut off a chunk of it share with me, but here it is:




My share was the plate on the left - and I could NOT eat it all! A loud bell sounds every time one of these creations leaves the kitchen -- and it rang many times while we were there!
(These photos were all taken with my iPhone...)

No comments:

Post a Comment