Saturday, March 5, 2011

Once Again, Home Again

My flight from Los Angeles to Phoenix actually came in 10 minutes early, but there was still an airplane at our scheduled gate when we taxied in. So we ended up sitting on the tarmac long enough to end up arriving a few minutes late. I had called Forry when we touched down; he was about a mile out. But by the time I got down to the baggage level, he was waiting at the curb. At least this trip I had my cell phone (instead of leaving it behind in the car...!) and could be chatting with him as I came down the escalator.



Since my flight was fairly early in the evening (6:31), we had planned to go to Tia Rose's for Mexican food tonight. When we got there, we saw that there were cars parked way out of the parking lot along the street. Usually you can call ahead up to 1/2 hour and they will put you on a list, but tonight they said the wait was already an hour and 1/2 without the list, so they weren't even taking names. We decided that was just too long to wait when I was already tired, so came on home and I fixed some shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment