Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Get So Frustrated,,,

I think I got terribly spoiled when I was working for Washington State University in Spokane for so many years. Not only was the campus a "node" for the Internet, but we always had IT available for help. And I've never known a an IT guy as smart and easy to work with as the Bartman!




Now I am totally at the mercy of whatever wifi may be available. Our AT&T aircard used to be perfectly adequate as we had an unlimited data plan. Recently however, AT&T has decided to change their contract (which it seems they reserved the right to in the very small print at the bottom of their contract) even though the pamphlet the salesman gave us has unlimited data circled in heavy black ink on the brochure... The contract change allows them to cut off Internet service for the rest of the month once you have reach their allowance limit (which doesn't take long!). The really frustrating part of it is that you cannot purchase any additional data time.




So the last couple of weeks we've been using whatever Tengonet service is available at the various RV parks. To say it is marginal, is to put the best face on it! I have been trying to stay on line long enough to check in and download my boarding pass for my flight to Los Angeles tomorrow morning, but after almost an hour, haven't had any luck. I think I'll just give up and check in at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment