Monday, March 28, 2011

Just Walking Around the Park

You'd think we've seen most of what there is to see in our walks around the park. But, it seems like we are always spotting something we hadn't seen before. This one is a succulent that the people around here call Indian Poker -- But when I asked her, the lady at this house also called this Indian Poker, but, she said her neighbor called it a "Mother-In-Law's Tongue" --

Now, this one I saw yesterday when I was looking for barrel cacti. I've not been able to find it in any of my books. The closest thing I can find to it are the cacti in the pincushion family. (My book says that family has over 170 species!)





One of the neat things about being a full-time RVer, is having both the East Coast feed and the West Coast feed on our Direct TV satellite. On nights like tonight when there are a couple of TV shows that we wanted to see on at the same time -- like Dancing With the Stars and All Together Now: A Celebration of Service -- we could watch one early from the East Coast and the other on Pacific time. Nothing like being just a little bit spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment