Friday, March 11, 2011

Ostrich Races...

It's Ostrich Days in Chandler, Arizona! We went over there to watch the ostrich races...



This is what it looked like less than two seconds after they opened the gate --



Not a single rider in the two races we watched got more than a foot past the gate!




The birds weren't real happy -- even though they had managed to dump their riders very quickly. They had some camel races that turned out the same way (I didn't know that camels bucked...). The only races that made it even partway around the arena were some chariots hitched to the birds.
It was in the high eighties today -- a good day to enjoy the sun. We got pretty warm just walking around the fair grounds. Forry actually ate an ostrich burger (I did have a bite, but thought it was awfully dry.) and I had some pulled pork. We came back to the RV Park so that I could come to the Computer Lab and do my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment