Thursday, March 16, 2017

Even the Guys...

After taking a hiatus during the winter because Mike's Cafe doesn't open for breakfast in the wintertime, the fellows in the park met for coffee this morning at Jerry's house. Sharon left them cookies, then she came over to the Clubhouse for our usual Thursday morning coffee klatch. I walked over this morning as it was a beautiful day. The sun was out and it was beautifully warm.

It's funny how sunshine changes moods. Everyone was feeling very chipper this morning. There was much talk about possible summer travels and plans.

When I got back after coffee, I started on the laundry. I had sort of neglected it this week while we were dealing with our visitors. It was so nice today, I began to think about where I was going to store all the heavier winter clothes we have accumulated this winter. This is the first week I have not worn long underwear. I had bought some very lightweight Merino wool long-sleeved shirts that have been my lifesavers during the frigid weather. Forry's been wearing heavy wool long sleeve shirts that are suddenly "too hot."

I know this lovely sunny day is not going to be repeated the rest of the week, but I've certainly enjoyed it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment