Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Wednesday Evening

We woke up to sunshine and blue skies, but it didn't last. By late afternoon it was clouded over and tonight I drove home with the windshield wipers on. When I filled the feeder this afternoon and scattered wheat for the quail, I noticed that the lids - which are about a quarter inch deep - were filled to the top with the rain from yesterday. We've had a lot of moisture this spring. Friend Dennis mentioned that there was moisture all the way down on the six foot soil probe they had used. I don't know when we've had that much soil moisture in the spring!

Forry had to drain the tanks again as I realized the shower wasn't draining... Seems we are much more generous with our water usage now that we are no longer concerned about frozen lines.

We actually went out for a walk this afternoon. We didn't go very far or for very long, but let the record show we went out and walked!

I realized as I was leaving Monroe House after Bible Study this evening that I didn't have my wallet! So much for picking up an ice cream sandwich at DQ for the drive. Needless to say, I carefully obeyed the speed limit on the way home. I'd have been in a pickle if I had been stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment