Monday, March 13, 2017

Happiness is "Yes!"

I was up early again this morning. We (the Board of Deacons) had a meeting with the Hersheys at the parsonage over at Menno at 9:30. We were all feeling good about their visit over the past four days. I have tried to talk to as many folks as possible over the past couple of days and have had nothing but positive feedback. So, long story short, the Hersheys have agreed to come be our Interim Pastor team. They will here the first week in May.

Needless to say, it was a great relief for all of us that their answer was "yes!" We are very much looking forward to getting better acquainted with them. We have not had a "team" as pastors before. It will be an interesting experience for all of us. Having two ordained pastors in our small congregation is going to be pure luxury. We will continue to be searching for a permanent pastor.

On my way back home, I stopped at Safeway in Moses Lake for groceries. As usual, the store was packed. I had to wait for a car to leave the parking lot before I could find a spot. I'm not sure when the last time I went grocery shopping without Forry. But, he had sent his list along. I picked up a canister of peanuts, some goldfish crackers, a box of chocolate chip cookies and several bags of licorice. That should keep him happy for a while.

It's been a rainy day today. It drizzled on the way out to Menno - and while I was gassing the car. It rained hard in Moses Lake and then was back to intermittent showers at Sun Desert. The forecast is for the same kind of weather for the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment