Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Tuesday Raindrops

The heavy cloud cover this morning broke loose this afternoon and we got the predicted rain - and lots of it. The ground is already super-saturated, so there are puddles. I shall not complain however, as everywhere around us was getting snow. Snoqualmie Pass was again closed due to snow, fog and multiple accidents.

I spent a good share of this rainy day contentedly reading. I have discovered a new trilogy by Robin Hobbs, one of my favorite authors. I've been reading the first one, Fool's Assassin. I have the second book, Fool's Quest, on my iPad, ready to go. The final book of the trilogy is due to come out later this month.

A rainy day was perfect for making beef stew. Some carrots, a parsnip, a turnip, an onion, and a potato and some beef, along with some red wine, just enough for the two of us. Add a pan of biscuits and we were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment