Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Stars!

As I stepped out of the car tonight when I returned home from Bible Study, I couldn't help but notice the incredible expanse of stars. I don't recall how long it's been since we've had a clear enough night to see all the stars. It was overcast again this morning and we actually had a brief but intense rain shower while I was talking with Sister Sherry. It gradually cleared off in the late afternoon and we actually saw some sunshine. It's most likely going to be cold tonight...

It was good to have an opportunity to have a nice long telephone chat with Sherry today. With all of the rain lately, her telephone has been out as often as not. When you would get through, it crackled so loud, you couldn't hear anything anyway. The Touchet River has finally crested, so we can quit worrying about her getting flooded. I'm certainly glad her local REA invested in internet technology. When we can't get through on the telephone, we can at least email and know that we everything is okay.

I stopped at Safeway while I was in town and got some more freezer bags for the meat I bought yesterday. While I was there, I bought a coffee cake to take with me to tomorrow's coffee klatch. Seems like we either have no goodies to enjoy with our coffee or several people bring something. We'll see how it goes in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment