Monday, May 1, 2017

May Day

I can remember taking small bouquets of flowers to the door of Grandma Kubik's house and to that of "Grandma" Duncan who lived a few houses from us. I can recall seeing newsreels of May Day parades in Russia with lots of tanks and red flags. I remember learning about the chill of hearing "Mayday!" when we were learning to fly. And now we watch the protests on the streets of Seattle and Portland on TV. All these different expressions of the first day of May.

It was a drippy day here at Sun Desert as I drove up to Barb and Louie's mobile home to pay the rent for May. It was a pretty heavy overcast, but at least the rain wasn't heavy. I had a cup of coffee with the managers and left my check.

It warmed up a bit as the day went on, but the sun never did come out. The forecast says it will continue to warm up as the week goes on. I certainly hope they are right for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment