Monday, January 11, 2016

Finally!

The laundry is all done! With the three loads I did yesterday and the four I did today, I am finally caught up. I would have finished with one less load, but thinking I had already taken everything out of the hamper, I didn't double check. It's been so chilly since Christmas, we've been wearing sweaters, so didn't run out of shirts like we normally would.

It was a gorgeous day today! The clouds were gone and the sky was clear and blue. We could look across the Verde Valley and see the snow on Four Peaks as well as the snow covered peaks of the further away Superstition Mountains. I'm just glad all the snow was "over there" and nowhere near us! We saw a record number of people coming over to walk to the fence and take pictures of the mountains.

There was lots of bird activity on this nice warm day. There were swallows flying around after insects. We had a Says Pheobe and a pair of Ladderback Woodpeckers in the mesquite tree as well as a couple of hummingbirds checking things out. And as usual, we had lots of grackles all around the campground.

No comments:

Post a Comment