Monday, January 4, 2016

Rainy Day

I woke up precipitously at 4:30 AM with the staccato sound of large rain drops on the RV roof. It was so loud, I thought at first it might have been hail. But when I walked out front to look out the windshield, I could see under the security lights that it was just very large rain drops.

We've had that kind of heavy showers off and on all day. We walked over to the office during one of the lulls, to get the mail, hoping our package of prescriptions had arrived, but no such luck.

I spent part of the afternoon paying the month's bills for the first time in 2016. I am pleasantly pleased to find that our health insurance coverage premiums  from Group Health have gone down almost fifteen dollars per month. I need to check and make sure our co-pays haven't changed before I celebrate.

I also spent some time conferring with my friend Diane about possible speakers for next Spring's Washington Mennonite Women's Retreat. A couple of phone calls and several texts with her, Daughter MM and So-in-law Todd, we may have found someone.

I think this rainy weather may be sticking around a while. It's coming down again pretty hard right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment