Friday, January 8, 2016

Socks

I think over the years I have made it pretty plain that I don't like to wear shoes. I would rather go barefoot. And if I have to wear shoes, I much prefer sandals. I'm not sure that my dislike of snow and my preference for sandals don't have a great deal of influence on my desire to winter in warm climes.

I got a couple of pairs - actually a pair and a "set" of three - of new socks in my Christmas stocking this year. I wasn't exactly overjoyed at the time, and set them to the side. However, with the rainy damp weather we've been having, they have become my favorite gift. These damp cold days are not the most comfortable for me or my toes. I've discovered that putting on a nice thick pair of socks in the morning makes my whole day a bit better.

It rained off and on all night again. There was a heavy overcast this morning that cleared off enough to allow some brief bursts of sunshine last this afternoon. Then we were back to overcast and occasional showers. Being the desert, the ground soaks up moisture and the numerous puddles disappear almost as fast as they form. As much rain as we've had, that's a good thing.

I was up early enough this morning to catch Sister Sherry on the phone while she was still indoors. I was happy to let her know how much we were enjoying her box of holiday sweets. There are at least three different kinds of caramels (including the new licorice ones that Forry loves), biscotti, and some baklava. It's going to take a great deal of walking to work it all off...

No comments:

Post a Comment