Saturday, January 30, 2016

They're Back!

After an odyssey that took them to Florida for the holidays, then shows in Texas and Colorado, our friends Dennis and Colleen are back in Arizona. We met up tonight for dinner at one of the Outbacks in Mesa. When I called the restaurant yesterday, they told me they didn't take reservations, but if I wanted to be put on their table list... It seems that puts you ahead of the folks who just walk up. So I said sure.

We arrived ten minutes or so before the 5:30 time I had told her. I checked in at the front desk and was given a beeper. We had barely sat down on the porch when it went off. We got to our table and ordered drinks just as Colleen and Dennis arrived. Colleen said she heard the hostess telling folks it would be a 30 to 45 minute wait. I guess if you are going to eat at an Outback, you want to get on their table list.

Forry and I split one of their bone-in rib eyes - it was so good!  Plenty for both of us, with some left to bring home. And of course, we shared one of those Bloomin' Onions with our friends.

Forry had brought back a VERY fat box of mail when he walked over to the office. It's a good thing Daughter MM had double-taped it. We hadn't gotten any sent since the box they had brought down before Christmas. It took me over an hour just to open it and sort it. There were even a few Christmas cards in there.

It was another gorgeous day today. It got up to 91 degrees on the outside thermometer in the warm sun. We've heard rumors of a cold front coming through next week. I hope they're wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment