Thursday, July 14, 2016

A Bit of Ambition?

i don't know whether I actually got a bit of ambition today or whether I just got disgusted with my lack there of, but I did get about a third of the cabinetry wiped down and oiled. The beautiful cherry wood in the coach is just finished with Liquid Gold. It's been more than a year since I have tended to it. In some areas, like around the sinks, there were water stains and streaks.

I use a slightly wet cloth (what's a little more than damp?) to wipe off the dust, bug marks and streaks. Then I saturate the wood with Liquid Gold, wiping off the excess. It's amazing how gorgeous the cherry wood is when it is oiled. This time I started in the bedroom, which I didn't get to the last time I took on this task. I got the bedroom done and the area around the bathroom sink. Then I took a time-out to do the mirrors as now they looked so bad.

I think I got Forry inspired as he got out the vacuum and started working on the floors. If we're not careful, we're going to have a spiffed up house again!

No comments:

Post a Comment