Sunday, July 31, 2016

A Sorta Kinda Lazy Day

We had really good intentions of getting tanks emptied; hoses put away; etc today in preparation for moving tomorrow.

But, a couple things happened. Last February I had pre-ordered a copy of the 8th book in the Harry Potter series, The Cursed Child. I had forgotten all about it until I got a notice that it would be arriving late that afternoon. Well, of course, when it came, I had to read it. It's actually the script for a show that will be playing in London next month. Then after I got it read (quite late last night), I had to chat on Facebook with my friend Tammy, who was on her way home from the Barnes and Noble bookstore party where she and her daughter has purchased a hard copy. After Tammy had a chance to also read the book today, we had to continue our chatting on Messenger (so as not to spoil it for her daughter who was still reading it.) It brought back lots of memories of great times with my Grandkids as they lived the HP books.

Then the Mariners were again playing the Cubs this afternoon, this time with Felix pitching! It's now the bottom of the 9th with the score 6-3 for the Mariners. One really cannot leave the house while all that is going on.

I warmed up the other half of last night's stroganoff for supper tonight. An old recipe of Sister Sherry's that we used to enjoy back in the days when the kids were little, it's still a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment