Thursday, October 13, 2016

A Very Rainy Day

I woke up about 4 AM, very stiff and sore. Last night when we came home from Bible Study, I tripped on the edge of the patio and did a full body plant. Amazingly, I didn't break or even scrape anything, not even the iPad I was holding. I think my tumble frightened Forry a bit. It knocked the wind out of me and I couldn't get enough air to answer him when he kept asking me if I was okay.

But, I am a bit stove up - perhaps as much from the cold damp weather as my fall. I decided that there was no way I could handle going out to Menno with Regan for Mission Society and a five hour work session. I did decide I'd better keep moving and walked over to the clubhouse for coffee this morning. If you can call the colored water they had, coffee!

It has rained steadily almost all day. At least it's not near as cold as it was a couple of days ago. I borrowed a hammer from Forry to help cut open one of the piedbald winter squashes I bought at Tonnemaker's last week. Baked with butter, brown sugar, salt and a little honey, it was a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment