Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Rest and Laundry

We've stuck pretty close to home the last couple of days resting up. I did get the laundry done yesterday and washed the bed sheets today. I am still debating whether or not to put regular sheets back on the bed or go ahead and put my new flannel sheets on. Guess I better make a decision pretty soon as it's almost bedtime...!

We did go over to Tonnemaker's Fruit Stand this afternoon. I replaced my stock of tomatoes and peppers. I was delighted to see that they had bins of winter squash today. Since baked squash is one of Forry's favorite foods, it's always good to see them come on the market. There were still some melons available and about six varieties of apples.

We were excited to see a large flock of Sandhill Cranes in a harvested corn field as we went by. There must have been over a hundred of them. We have seen several flocks flying and circling overhead, but this is the first flock we've seen on the ground. They are gathering for their migration and they are gorgeous to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment