Sunday, March 9, 2014

PBR in Phoenix!

The Professional Bull Riders Built Ford Tough Series was in Phoenix at the US Airways Center downtown. I had gotten tickets for Forry and I last month, so when we found out Granddaughter Havela was going to be here, I went online and got another ticket. The closest I could get for the new ticket was two rows away in Row 8, so we let Forry sit there and Havela and I sat in Row 10.


We had really good tickets, not that far away from the chutes. Except for the guy in front of us with the big black hat that he never took off, we had a good view of the action.


It was a fun-filled afternoon of bull-riding. It was especially so when we got to see the 2013 PBR Champion JB Mauney win! I had printed off a copy of the Day Sheet from the PBR website this morning, so Havela was giving me a bad time about keeping statistics again. But, just like at the ball games, after a while the fellow next to us kept borrowing my sheet so that he could see what the scoring was!

It was sort of fun to come home and watch the Bull Riding in Phoenix on TV. You get an entirely different perspective than you do at the arena. It's interesting to compare how they edit the finals so that the riders come right one after the other. In actuality, the time span is longer and the clown entertains the crowd in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment