Friday, February 5, 2016

A New Antenna

Scott Ueland of Techie4Hire stopped by yesterday on his way from the mail pickup and told us our new antenna had arrived and made arrangements to come by this afternoon to install it. He took down  the original badly mangled antenna from the left front top corner of Auntie Violet and installed the new one in its place. He then traded out the SIM card from my Verizon HotSpot and installed it in a Verizon MiFi in the cabinet right below the antenna. He had a good strong signal, which should be helpful when we are back on the road.

My iPad continues to work just fine today. The only oddity I have noticed so far is that many of the books in my Kindle app are now labeled "NEW," even though I've read most of them. Looks like I'm going to have to do some sorting. Also noticed that the book I was in the middle of had flipped back to the very beginning.

It's finally warmed back up again - I even had all the windows open today. We did our walking towards evening and watched the sunset. It's supposed to warm up even more over the weekend. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment