Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Book Work

I spent a good share of today working on the books for the ranch. I think I've only got four months left or is it three months?! I worked until I consistently started transposing numbers. When that happens, I know it's time to stop for a while.

Today the temperature of 85 degrees broke the record for today in Phoenix that has stood since 1986. Evidently, it is 15 degrees higher this week than normal temperatures. There are lots of reminders in the papers about hats, sun screen usage and staying hydrated. Plus comments about how this temperature rise has happened too suddenly for natives to be acclimated to it...! Meanwhile the tourists and snowbirds like us are loving it.

We waited until almost six to go for our walk. When the sun went down, it cooled off dramatically. Didn't see any of the javelinas tonight, but did see a group of the cows as I walked back along the fence. Forry walked back along the road while I walked the graveled area. Met up with several of the neighbors, all out enjoying the cooler air - and looking for the javelinas!

No comments:

Post a Comment