Saturday, February 20, 2016

So I Had This Dream...

I woke up this morning with a vivid memory of my dream about Forrest. I had clear instructions (from where? from whom?) that Forry needed to be walking at least three times per day! It was very plain in my dream that that's what he needed to be doing. The instructions said that was the only way he was ever going to get better!

Since I had not been feeling real well nor very ambitious yesterday, I had not gone for a walk. Since I didn't go, Forry hadn't gone either. I'm not sure if I was subconsciously feeling guilty about that or what, but it is the most vivid dream I have ever had. When he got up this morning, I told him about the instructions in my dream. It must have impressed him as he went out and walked to the fence and back.

In the early afternoon, he coaxed me to put my sandals on and go for a walk with him, which we did. We walked down the road until he needed to rest by one of the light posts. While he rested, I walked around another loop, then walked home with him. Later in the afternoon, when it had cooled off a bit, he went for another walk. That time he took along his walker so he would have a place to sit down. As I was cooking dinner, I made sure he had his phone. When he didn't return by the time I had expected him, I called - he was sitting over at the neighbors visiting!

We talked to our friend Bill tonight who is recovering from the flu. He is out of the hospital, but says he is really tired. Leslie has it as well. They are taking anti-viral drugs and sleeping a lot. And no, they didn't get flu shots this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment