Thursday, February 4, 2016

My Dear Sweet iPad!

Yesterday my iPad died! I was was reading the newspaper on it; shut it off to do something else. When I came back to finish reading, it was dead! No low battery, no light, no nothing! I tried a different cord and even a different plug-in, still nothing! I left it plugged in all night to see if it needed charging, but when I tried to turn it on this morning, there was absolutely no response. I looked on line, but the Apple web-site had no advice other than to send it in for repairs.

Then Forry suggested I look to see if there were any Apple stores near by. Sure enough there is one in Scottsdale. Having learned you don't have to wait in line for ages if you have an appointment, I checked to see if I could get one today. The store stays open until nine and I could make an appointment for 5:20.

While we were waiting to head into town, I finished up the last three months I still had to enter in Quicken. 2015 is finished. I'll wait until in the morning to do the accountant's report when I'm more rested...

I tried the iPad once more before we left and it still wouldn't turn on... It was about a half hour's drive to where the Apple Store is in what is called Scottsdale Quarter, a complex of upscale shops. There was valet parking right across the street from the Apple Store which worked out really well for us. After about a ten minute wait, we met with a Genius. He pulled out a cord from his pocket and connected the iPad. And wouldn't you know, it started to light up! (Sorta reminded me of my telling Forry the car was making a funny noise, but it never did it when he was in the car...)

The Genius guy tried to run a diagnostic test on the iPad, but it wouldn't connect with his machine. The only thing he could figure out was that maybe the square plug I had been using instead of the fold-down one wasn't putting out sufficient power...? But at least it seems to have decided to work again.

We walked a half block down the street to a restaurant the valet guy had recommended called True Food Kitchen. Part of a mostly southern states chain, it serves only organic and fresh foods. Forry had a grass-fed bison burger while I ate the grass-fed beef street tacos. Incredibly good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment