Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Grocery Run

Okay, it's plenty hot enough! Another day like today and I will break down and turn the air conditioner on. I don't know how hot it actually got, but it was 90 plus in here. We waited until late afternoon to head into town, but it was still a bit too warm to be out.

We didn't need a lot, but we were out of bottled water. Even with our filters, the water here is not drinkable. As hot as it is, we drink a lot. I quit drinking soda of any kind last year and Forry drinks water about half the time, so we go through a many bottles. It would probably be better to go to Costco and get bottles in larger quantities, but it's easier to go to Safeway. It's a whole lot closer.

 I didn't buy a great amount of groceries, but still spent 150 dollars. It seems like I get fewer and fewer groceries for more and more money. I'll admit some of the things I buy are pricey, like the greenhouse heirloom tomatoes I get (they at least have SOME flavor...), and maybe the crab cakes, but most of the rest are just a few dollar items. They do add up.

By10 o'clock this evening, it had cooled off. In fact , with the windows and door open, it rapidly got cold! A good reminder that we are living in the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment