Tuesday, January 10, 2017

And More Snow?

It didn't snow much today. I think we only got another inch. It was pretty light and fluffy - easy to sweep away. The maintenance crew was out with a big tractor and scoop today trying to clear off the roads. They have piled up some really big mounds of snow. Of course, in the process they made a pretty big berm behind Toad II.

Sister Sherry told me the other day that she had had blueberry pancakes for breakfast. She put an idea in my head that I couldn't get rid of, so this morning I made some for us. Sure were good with maple syrup. I haven't made pancakes for a long time. I used the bottom grid of the Cuisinard griddle and found that it worked very well.

Forry insists that there's two feet of snow out there. It's actually not much than thirteen inches, but that's plenty as far as I'm concerned. The quail have figured out where the feed is - we've had as many as forty of them outside scratching in the snow for the wheat. It's a good thing Brother Pat sent another bucket of wheat home with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment