Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday Is a Work Day!

I don't know quite how it happened, but I actually got a bit ambitious today. I finally got started on the ranch books. It took a bit to get back in the swing of Quickbooks, but I ended up getting three months done. I stripped the sheets off the bed and got them washed (it takes two loads - a sheet and a pillowcase in each - in my little Splendide washer/dryer.). I filled the bird feeder - finally finishing off the bag they don't like so well - and scattered wheat for the quail. I went on-line and ordered prescriptions for Forry. I even made mini-meatloaves and baked sweet potatoes for dinner. I still have to put clean sheets on the bed. It's been a busy day.

There were lots of birds at the feeder this morning and the quail were out in force. Then all of a sudden this afternoon, they ALL disappeared! And there wasn't a bird to be seen for over an hour. We could see a blackbird or two in the trees way over on the far edge of the park, but that was it. After a long time, they gradually started coming back, but they were extremely jumpy. All we can figure out is there must have been another hawk somewhere in the trees behind us that we couldn't see.

It was overcast all day today with a temperature up to 38 degrees. We didn't get any more precipitation and it continues to slowly melt. It's still slick out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment