Sunday, February 19, 2017

A Fruitful Sunday

Another early morning, more so since I wanted to be at church early this morning. Plus, we weren't sure which way we were going to go. I have been reading about road closures south of the church due   to the snow melt and the rain. We went out via Wheeler Road and stayed on the paved roads all the way.

I was Worship Leader for the service this morning. It went well until I lost the Song Leader! Gordie had sat on the other side of the church from where he usually sits and I didn't see him! Other than that, it was a good service with an excellent guest speaker.

We drove up to take a look at the winter wheat at the ranch after church. The run off has done a great deal of damage to the portion of Batum Road that goes through the coulee. But, the wheat looks good! A good share of the fields in the area of the church are now bare of snow. The closer you get to Moses Lake and out to where we are, the more snow there still is.

Late this afternoon, Dennis and I had a conference call with a couple in Idaho who are interested in becoming Interim Pastors at Menno. They will be coming for a weekend visit in early March. I spent part of this evening arranging details for their visit - and hopefully dividing up responsibilities among the Search Committee members.

No comments:

Post a Comment