Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Cloudy Day

It got cold again last night. It was eleven degrees when we got up. Fortunately, the heater in the basement kept things warm enough to avoid freezing up. It was overcast with low-hanging clouds. It looked and felt like snow, but we've seen none to this point. Even though there is another Winter Storm Warning up for our area.

Thankful that we had water, I went ahead and did two loads of laundry and loaded the dishwasher. I had homework to do for tomorrow's night's Bible Study, so I spent the afternoon working on that. I have to make myself avoid looking at Facebook. There is still so much political back and forth going on that you could spend all day just following the various arguments - and looking at the cartoons!

We seem to be getting a few different birds at the feeder. The colors on both the quail and the finches are getting brighter as breeding season approachs. We have had one lone Spotted Towhee for a couple of months, today there were three. The bird books say the males have a bit darker red on their flanks, but the pictures look identical to me. I don't know if we have a pair or not. We also had a Mourning Dove show up today. We've had mostly Eurasian Collared Doves this winter. The Sharp-shinned Hawk flew by a few times, but we never saw him in the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment